with band mates Mike Mills (of REM) and Bill Dobrow
with special guest JONAH TOLCHIN
FRIDAY, December 6, 2013 at 8PM
$22 in advance / $27 day of show
THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION AT MONTCLAIR
67 Church Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Click here for a map of the venue.
Arthur's newest album, The Ballad of Boogie Christ Act 2, is being released in the US November 29th. So, our concert is part of a tour, supporting this release. The second in a planned trilogy of albums, it's "loosely based around a character that's either enlightened or insane, like all of us," Joseph tells American Songwriter. "It's a sonic landscape across the last few years of my life excavating material for my captors, though they were illusions, every last one of them." Among the contributors are the Band's legendary pianist Garth Hudson, bassist Catherine Popper and multi-instrumentalist Kraig Jarret Johnson.
It is the Outpost's 13th consecutive year as a Toys for Tots collection point! Please consider bringing a new, unwrapped toy for a boy or a girl. An Outpost volunteer (or maybe even a live U.S. Marine) will get it to the Picatinny Arsenal where Marines will then distribute the collected toys prior to Christmas.
The building blocks for our community come with a cost! Last year at this time we wrote that these are challenging times - not just for our patrons, but for non-profit organizations as well. Please consider the Outpost for some of your generosity. Every tax- deductible gift received allows us to further enhance our concerts, community service and recreational/social activities. You have our heartfelt thanks!
- 12/6 CONCERT: Joseph Arthur with guest
- 1/10/14 CONCERT: Willie Nile and Band
- 1/25/14 CONCERT: 5th Annual Concert for Haiti
- 2/14/14 CONCERT: Chad (Stuart) & Jeremy (Clyde)
- 2/21/14 CONCERT: Marshall Crenshaw with guest Loretta Hagen
- 3/28/14 CONCERT: James Maddock (Trio)
- 4/3/14 CONCERT: Paul Barrere & Fred Tackett Guitarists of Little Feat
- Read a heartfelt THANK YOU letter from the Outpost president!
- Read a June 2013 Montclair Times article about the Outpost's staying power.