THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION AT MONTCLAIR
67 Church Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Click here for a map of the venue.
"a 'triple threat' artist since the mid-'90s, bridging
music, poetry and painting with prolific creativity and
- NPR Music
"Being around Jo makes me want to create. Thatís all.
- Jeff Ament of Pearl Jam
"It has been great to watch its evolution. Jo is a really
unusual, interesting, and talented artist in music and art."
- Peter Gabriel
"Joseph Arthur writes, builds, paints, draws and creates
because he has no choice. It is our luck that he does so."
- Michael Stipe
Arthur's newest album, The Ballad of Boogie Christ Act 2, is being released in the US November 29th. So, our concert is part of a tour, supporting this release. The second in a planned trilogy of albums, The Ballad of Boogie Christ Act 2 is "loosely based around a character that's either enlightened or insane, like all of us," Joseph tells American Songwriter. "It's a sonic landscape across the last few years of my life excavating material for my captors, though they were illusions, every last one of them." Among the contributors are the Band's legendary pianist Garth Hudson, bassist Catherine Popper and multi-instrumentalist Kraig Jarret Johnson.
A highlight on Act 2 includes an alternate version of "Travel As Equals", performed on Letterman in 2012.
It is the Outpost's 13th consecutive year as a Toys for Tots collection point! Please consider bringing a new, unwrapped toy for a boy or a girl. An Outpost volunteer (or maybe even a live U.S. Marine) will get it to the Picatinny Arsenal where Marines will then distribute the collected toys prior to Christmas.
with special guest tba
Tickets are $22 in advance and $27 at the door.
January 10, 2014
Willie Nile and Band
Tickets are $25 in advance and $28 at the door.
January 25, 2014
5th Annual Concert for Haiti
Tickets are $20 in advance.
February 14, 2014
Chad (Stuart) & Jeremy (Clyde)
Tickets are $30.
February 21, 2014
with special guest Loretta Hagen
Tickets are $25.
March 28, 2014
James Maddock (Trio)
April 3, 2014
Paul Barrere & Fred Tackett Guitarists of Little Feat
Tickets are $32.
GET TICKETS & DISCOUNTS
- Keil's Pharmacy 732 Valley Rd., Upper Montclair, 973-744-2113 (cash or check only)
Super Business Printer, 423 Bloomfield Ave., Montclair,
973-509-7591 (cash or check only). You may park
in the loading zone in front of Studio042 on Bloomfield Avenue while buying tickets. Inside, you will be served on a special express ticket line.
- Concert venue (for non-sellouts) on day of show from 5 p.m. until show time. Current venues are Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 67 Church St., First Congregational Church, 40 South Fullerton Ave., and Montclair High School, 100 Chestnut St., all Montclair
- By mail. Advance sale tickets for all shows are available by mail through the Monday before a show date by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a check, made payable to "Outpost in the Burbs." Please send the check to:
- Outpost Tickets
- 40 South Fullerton Ave
- Montclair, NJ 07042-3396
Support the Outpost by becoming a member, which would allow you to reserve seats at every show.
Montclair YMCA Members - Show your Montclair YMCA member card at the door on the evening of a show and receive a 10% discount or 10% cash rebate on the member's ticket. This offer is good for tickets purchased at all outlets (Keil's Pharmacy, Studio042 Super Business Printer, Outpost Ticket Office, and Ticketleap online).
WFUV-FM Members - Show your WFUV MemberCard at the door on the evening of a show and receive $1 off each member's ticket, regardless of where purchased.
- All tickets are general admission (GA), with the exception of the Oct. 18, 2013 Outpost Benefit Show which offers GA as well as VIP tickets and benefits the Outpost. For all other shows, reserved seating is for Members only.
- Advance ticket sales available online through noon day of show.
- All performances are smoke- and alcohol-free, unless stated otherwise in the event listing.
- All performances begin at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
This is an appeal for washing before coming to an Outpost concert... but not exactly. We are collecting donations of unopened hotel amenities: soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup samples, etc. as well as paper grocery bags for distribution to those receiving assistance through the Human Needs Food Pantry in Montclair, NJ. What an easy way to make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate! Articles will be accepted at all Outpost concerts and activities.
To receive e-mailed concert updates as well as notices on the latest additions to the Outpost schedule of community service and activites sign up for our E-Newsletter.
Agents and Managers (only): Do you represent a performer/act that you think might be appropriate for the Outpost? You can e-mail our booker at OutpostConcerts@outpostintheburbs.org.