A TRIO OF DUOS
featuring Barnaby Bright, Lera Lynn Duo and
The Sea The Sea
FRIDAY, March 7, 2014 at 8 PM
THE UNITARIAN UNIVERSALIST CONGREGATION AT MONTCLAIR
67 Church Street
Montclair, NJ 07042
Click here for a map of the venue.
Since the release of their first album Wake the Hero in 2009, Barnaby Bright has garnered high accolades for their songwriting and sound. Grand prize winners of the NY Song Circle competition, Barnaby Bright's music has also been featured on national television to soundtrack heavy moments on shows such as ER and Days of our Lives.
The Lera Lynn Duo, which was so well received opening for Richie Furay this past September, returns for a longer set for some of her new fans and fans-to-be. There's a haunting voice that can conjure up country legends and the best of the singer-songwriters. There's an understated presence and raw talent. There's a writer in full command of her craft, who never sacrifices emotion for style.
The Sea The Sea (singer-songwriter duo Chuck e. Costa and Mira Stanley) accompany each other with electric/acoustic guitars, the occasional banjo, piano, and percussion, but it is their rich harmonies that provide the depth to their songwriting. Their perfectly-matched voices sometimes share the back-and-forth conversations of the song's characters and other times are the exchanges of one mind, weighing a decision, analyzing the moment, and trying to find the answers.
Trio of Duos: Barnaby Bright, Lera Lynn with Joshua Grange and The Sea The Sea
Tickets are $21.
James Maddock (Trio)
with special guest Michaela McClain
Tickets are $25.
Paul Barrere & Fred Tackett Guitarists of Little Feat
with special guest Patrick Dyer Wolf of the band Goodnight, Texas. He's a resident of New York City and a native son of Cedar Grove, NJ.
Tickets are $32.
April 25 (Outpost Cafê show in Fletcher Hall)
No Fuss and Feathers Roadshow: Carolann Solebello, Karyn Oliver, and The YaYas
Tickets are $20.
GET TICKETS & DISCOUNTS
- Keil's Pharmacy 732 Valley Rd., Upper Montclair, 973-744-2113 (cash or check only)
Super Business Printer, 423 Bloomfield Ave., Montclair,
973-509-7591 (cash or check only). You may park
in the loading zone in front of Studio042 on Bloomfield Avenue while buying tickets. Inside, you will be served on a special express ticket line.
- Concert venue (for non-sellouts) on day of show from 5 p.m. until show time. Current venues are Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 67 Church St., First Congregational Church, 40 South Fullerton Ave., and Montclair High School, 100 Chestnut St., all Montclair
- By mail. Advance sale tickets for all shows are available by mail through the Monday before a show date by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope with a check, made payable to "Outpost in the Burbs." Please send the check to:
- Outpost Tickets
- 40 South Fullerton Ave
- Montclair, NJ 07042-3396
Support the Outpost by becoming a member, which would allow you to reserve seats at every show.
Montclair YMCA Members - Show your Montclair YMCA member card at the door on the evening of a show and receive a 10% discount or 10% cash rebate on the member's ticket. This offer is good for tickets purchased at all outlets (Keil's Pharmacy, Studio042 Super Business Printer, Outpost Ticket Office, and Ticketleap online).
WFUV-FM Members - Show your WFUV MemberCard at the door on the evening of a show and receive $1 off each member's ticket, regardless of where purchased.
- All tickets are general admission (GA), with the exception of the Oct. 18, 2013 Outpost Benefit Show which offers GA as well as VIP tickets and benefits the Outpost. For all other shows, reserved seating is for Members only.
- Advance ticket sales available online through noon day of show.
- All performances are smoke- and alcohol-free, unless stated otherwise in the event listing.
- All performances begin at 8 p.m. Doors open at 7:30 p.m.
This is an appeal for washing before coming to an Outpost concert... but not exactly. We are collecting donations of unopened hotel amenities: soaps, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, makeup samples, etc. as well as paper grocery bags for distribution to those receiving assistance through the Human Needs Food Pantry in Montclair, NJ. What an easy way to make a difference in the life of someone less fortunate! Articles will be accepted at all Outpost concerts and activities.
To receive e-mailed concert updates as well as notices on the latest additions to the Outpost schedule of community service and activites sign up for our E-Newsletter.
Agents and Managers (only): Do you represent a performer/act that you think might be appropriate for the Outpost? You can e-mail our booker at OutpostConcerts@outpostintheburbs.org.